About the School
About Our School
Coventry Oak Elementary is one of the newer schools in Fayette County. We opened our doors in fall 2016 in a residential area near the junction of Georgetown and Spurr roads. Our school name blends two important neighborhoods in northwest Lexington – Coventry, a newly established neighborhood, and Oakwood, a historic one.
Coventry Oak Elementary school is diverse - socioeconomically, racially, in ethnicity, and in culture. We love to celebrate our uniqueness and promote respect and discovery among us all. Our motto is “Challenge minds, create learners, cultivate futures.” Coventry Oak is laying the foundations for a bright future. We have developed a solid mission, vision, and creed that establishes our hopes, dreams, and promises for the futures of our children.
- Students first in decision making
- Quality project based learning and authentic experiences prepare students with 21st Century skills
- A positive and proactive approach (PBIS) is key to our school culture
- Professional collaboration leads to creative planning, alignment of the content and differentiation for our diverse population
- Parent and community partnerships are essential for student success
Our mission is to challenge minds, create lifelong learners, and cultivate kindness through a collaborative community that prepares every child for a successful future.
All Coventry Oak Elementary students will be respectful, responsible, prepared, problem solvers at school and within the community.